Competition time with Cannybots! Cannybots are open source toy robot cars that can be printed on a desktop 3D printer. The cannybots can be controlled via phone, tablet, PC, Raspberry Pi and even the new Micro:Bit using simple programming interfaces.
You can enter the competition by either:
1) modifying or adding to the existing Cannybot model (e.g. make it into a Formula 1/vintage/tank/dragon Cannybot)
2) creating accessories for the race tracks (e.g. trees, traffic cones, finish line, ramps)
In order to enter, simply download the template, modify the design and upload your .STL files. Alternatively, create novel accessories from scratch. The most popular objects at the end of the voting period will win Cannybot kits + racetracks. The overall winner will get an amazing UP! Plus 2 desktop 3D printer to give to a school of their choice for the new academic year!
You can download the template for the Cannybot body here. Fancy converting the model into a vintage design? Or getting it ready for Formula 1 races? Or putting a dragon's head on the roof? Go for it! Alternatively, you can create wonderful accessories for the race track, e.g. traffic cones, trees, ramps, tyre barriers, barrels etc. Let your design imaginations run wild!
You can use the design software of your choice. To get started, we'd suggest free design software like Tinkercad, SketchUp or Sculptris.
Check out this blog post for design tips for 3D printing. Each part of your object must fit within a build volume of 18 x 18 x 18 cm and it needs to be 3D-printable.
• This is a global competition and you can enter regardless of your location and age.
• Submit your design files using the green "upload" button at the bottom of the page.
• You can submit as many entries as you like.
• If your design is in multiple parts, please make sure you submit all parts (as STLS) with instructions or diagrams of how they fit together.
• Each part of your design must fit within a build volume of 18 x 18 x 18 cm.
• If you have any special instructions for your design, please indicate these in the description box.
• All participants will receive a 20% discount on the basic kit.
• Voting (measured by downloads) will run for 1 week starting on August 31st.
• The winners will receive following prizes:
1st: 2 Cannybot kits + figure of eight racetrack + choose a school to receive an UP! Plus 2 3D printer
2nd: 2 Cannybot kits + drag racetrack
3rd: 1 Cannybot kit
• All entries that meet the requirements will be test printed and hosted on MyMiniFactory.com
• All STL files will be made available to the public to download for free.