Competition time with Kitronik! Those guys are fantastic at making electronic kits for lots of useful items! We have chosen a few cool products for you to get creative with!
You can enter the competition by designing cases, accessories etc for any of the following:
4) USB lamp
Simply download the templates (click on the links above), model around the designs and upload your .STL files. The 5 most popular objects of each kit will get their 3D printed design + electronic parts fully assembled. The grand prize for the most popular design will get an amazing ZMorph 2.0 S desktop 3D printer worth $2000! Check out here what this amazing machine can do! Finally, everyone participating will get a voucher* worth £50 to use in the iMakr shop (see details below).
Fancy making a minion speaker? Or a lamp inside a dragon's head? Go for it! Let your design imaginations run wild!
You can use the design software of your choice. To get started, we'd suggest free design software like Meshmixer, Tinkercad, SketchUp or Sculptris. Meshmixer can be particularly useful if you want to meshmix the templates with any existing model on our platform and turn it into whatever you like!
Check out this blog post for more design tips for 3D printing. Each part of your object must fit within a build volume of 18 x 18 x 18 cm and it needs to be 3D-printable.
• This is a global competition and you can enter regardless of your location and age.
• Submit your design files using the green "upload" button at the bottom of the page.
• You can submit as many entries as you like (you will receive a voucher for each entry you submit!).
• If your design is in multiple parts, please make sure you submit all parts (as STLS) with instructions or diagrams of how they fit together.
• Each part of your design must fit within a build volume of 18 x 18 x 18 cm.
• If you have any special instructions for your design, please indicate these in the description box.
• Voting (measured by downloads) will run for 1 week starting on September 22nd.
• Please note: Multiple downloads by the same user do not count!
• All entries that meet the requirements will be test printed and hosted on MyMiniFactory.com
• All STL files will be made available to the public to download for free.
• All participants will receive a $50 voucher code for the iMakr store. *Following conditions apply:
• they are only applicable as a discount on 3D printers
• they can be accumulated to up to $100 per purchase
• they are fully transferrable to your friends/families/institutions
• Expiry date: December 31st 2015.
• The winners will receive following prizes:
• Top 5 entries per category (30 winners in total!) will receive their designs printed and assembled with the electronic components
(you can request your kit to be sent with the electronic parts to unassembled)
• grand prize: The object with most overall downloads: A ZMorph 2.0 S desktop 3D printer with an extruder of your choice.
Check out what this versatile machine can do: